design and share your city
In the youth exchange project “Design and share your city” 24 young people from Latvia, Ukraine and Germany come together to discuss their role in the development of their cities as important actors of civil society and explore possibilities of youth participation.
This project consists of two youth meetings in Berlin 2021 and Riga 2022.
During the first meeting of the participants which was held from 17 till 26 of September 2021 in Berlin, young people had the opportunity to bring up the following issues for discussion:
What do these participation opportunities look like in the partner countries?
Which procedures and methods are available to achieve positive changes?
How can temporary measures such as e.g. tactical urbanism lead to sustainable developments?
Which strategies are efficient to reach out to local communities and to the public and invite them to cooperate?
By learning and working together and answering the raised questions, young people from Latvia, Ukraine and Germany could find out more about the main topic of the project, develop their own ideas and solutions and get ready to implement them in their home cities – Berlin, Sumy and Riga.
In addition, during the first youth meeting, the participants had a chance to be involved in the discussions with the experts, take part in various thematic workshops, and analyses of best practices. All of this is aimed at encouraging the development of their intercultural, creative, social, and project-related skills, and also give impulses for their own future personal and professional projects.
– age: 20 – 30 years;
– willingness to actively cooperate with participants from the partner countries;
– the following are not required: knowledge of foreign languages or another special (academic) qualifications;
– participation in both encounters is very desirable.
Working languages are English and German. If necessary, interpreting will be provided!
The project is funded as part of the EU program ERASMUS + and in cooperation with CHANCE International (Germany), Solis Tuvak (Latvia), Academy of Innovation (Russia), Center for Euroinitiatives (Ukraine).
The exchange program, meals and accommodation are taken care of by the organizers.
For the exchange in Berlin, travel expenses for participants (not from Berlin) will be reimbursed up to a maximum of € 180 (from Germany) and € 275 (from Ukraine or Latvia).
For the exchange in Riga in 2022, travel expanses for participants will be reimbursed up to a maximum of € 275.
Accommodation during both exchanges is organized in a youth hostel / guest house in shared rooms.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 05.09.2021
BE PART OF THIS PROJECT
Most of the international youth exchanges are targeted at young people between the ages of 12 and 30. However, more and more opportunities for children are developed with each year. International youth exchanges are basically aimed at all adolescents and young adults. The youth exchanges organised by CHANCE International are usually targeting young people from 18 to 26 (in some cases up to 30) and funded within the Erasmus + programme.
We distinguish between participant contribution and total costs. The participant contribution is 50 Euro at max, depending on the project. During 2021 there is no participation fee. If the contribution is too high, we will always find a way for you to participate in an encounter. Please contact us!
A youth exchange is financed by the organiser’s own funds, third-party funds and the participant’s contribution. Third-party funds are provided by the Federal Government from the Child and Youth Plan and European funds from the Erasmus+ youth programme. Third-party funds are applied for by the organiser or sponsor.
To participate in our projects, you should be interested in the project topic, cultural exchange and cooperation with other participants. We do not require any foreign language or other specific skills and qualifications.
We expect our participants:
– to be involved in all project phases;
– to co-design the project, it’s activities and results.
We welcome sharing of knowledge and skills of participants with each other.
– all participants are obliged to take PCR tests: upon departure from Germany, upon arrival in a partner country and upon departure from it;
– participants are obliged to wear FPP2 masks in public places;
– organisers will provide masks and sanitizers for everybody during the full course of the project;
– the host party will ensure the sufficient degree of safety regarding the living conditions and program activities – for example – execution of project activities in well-ventilated areas or on fresh air, keeping a safe distance from other visitors or avoiding any outside contact when executing such activities;
– in case of infection – isolation of the participant, splitting the costs of medical treatment between three parties – receiving and sending organization and the participant.