Know Yourself- leadership
“Know Yourself – leadership for all” is a Youth Exchange project is right for you, if you want to try out leadership roles in an informal setting with games. During this project you will be introduced to different kinds of games, simulations and challenges by either your peers or facilitators. Within those activities you can choose to voluntary take on a leadership role and lead your team to success.
If a team plays volleyball, the leader should understand everybody’s strengths and use them to lead the team to “success”. Success looks different for every game we will play. That’s the project’s approach to “inclusive leadership”.
During the project you will:
– have a possibility to try leadership role voluntarily during one of the activities in a safe space of like-minded peers;
– understand the difference between leaders and managers;
– learn to consider the unique strengths of team members to succeed as a team.
For further information download the INFOPACK.
There will be 9 participants per country: 8 young people (18 – 30 y.o.) and 1 leader (no age limit).
Countries: Germany, Portugal, Turkey
– strong motivation and will to participate in the exchange;
– wish to practice peer-to-peer education;
– the need to improve skills and competencies relating to the topic of the project;
– interest in further cooperation under Erasmus+.
The project is funded by Erasmus + Programme. The accommodation, food, exchange activities will be covered by the organisers.
You are expected to participate in all activities unless you are ill. Unfortunately, travel expenses will not be reimbursed if you have attended less than 90% of the programme.
Before you book a flight, we kindly ask you to consult with the coordinating organisation.
We ask you to keep all original invoices and boarding passes and to present them when settling your account!
Travel costs (airplane to Turkey + bus to Akcakoca):
Germany – up to 275 Euro (can be raised to 360 in some cases, to be discussed with organisation after your application is confirmed);
Portugal – up to 530 Euro;
Turkey – up to 180 Euro.
Travel costs can be higher, in case if you choose green travel with low-emissions means of transport for the main part of the travel, such as bus, train or car-pooling.
In this case travel costs will be:
Germany – up to 320 Euro (can be raised to 410 in some cases, to be discussed with organisation after your application is confirmed);
Portugal – up to 610 Euro;
Turkey – up to 210 Euro.
For participants applying from Germany:
For participants applying from Portugal:
For participants applying from Turkey:
be part of this project
Here is the list with answers to the most popular questions about us and what we do
Most of the international youth exchanges are targeted at young people between the ages of 12 and 30. However, more and more opportunities for children are developed with each year. International youth exchanges are basically aimed at all adolescents and young adults. The youth exchanges organised by CHANCE International are usually targeting young people from 18 to 26 (in some cases up to 30) and funded within the Erasmus + programme.
We distinguish between participant contribution and total costs. The participant contribution is 50 Euro at max, depending on the project. During 2021 there is no participation fee. If the contribution is too high, we will always find a way for you to participate in an encounter. Please contact us!
A youth exchange is financed by the organiser’s own funds, third-party funds and the participant’s contribution. Third-party funds are provided by the Federal Government from the Child and Youth Plan and European funds from the Erasmus+ youth programme. Third-party funds are applied for by the organiser or sponsor.
To participate in our projects, you should be interested in the project topic, cultural exchange and cooperation with other participants. We do not require any foreign language or other specific skills and qualifications.
We expect our participants:
– to be involved in all project phases;
– to co-design the project, it’s activities and results.
We welcome sharing of knowledge and skills of participants with each other.
– all participants are obliged to take PCR tests: upon departure from Germany, upon arrival in a partner country and upon departure from it;
– participants are obliged to wear FPP2 masks in public places;
– organisers will provide masks and sanitizers for everybody during the full course of the project;
– the host party will ensure the sufficient degree of safety regarding the living conditions and program activities – for example – execution of project activities in well-ventilated areas or on fresh air, keeping a safe distance from other visitors or avoiding any outside contact when executing such activities;
– in case of infection – isolation of the participant, splitting the costs of medical treatment between three parties – receiving and sending organization and the participant.